- Carrie. As far as I remember I watched the movie first. Which is usually better than the other way round. Movie adaptations tend to be disappointing.
- The Stand
- Different Seasons
- The Dark Tower I – The Gunslinger
- The Dark Tower II – The Drawing of the Three
- The Dark Tower III – The Waste Lands
- Pet Sematary. Oooh, one of my favourites.
- The Talisman
- Salem’s Lot
- The Shining. Also loved the movie adaptation. Jack Nicholson, the Great! And Stanley Kubrick, I had a fling for his movies.
- Night Shift
- The Long Walk
- Christine. Cool!
- Thinner. That was a tough one.
- It. I think, ‘It’ was my first King book. What a writing! I have not been able to enjoy clowns ever since.
- The Eyes of the Dragon
- Misery. Urgh!
- The Green Mile
And then I just stopped. The Green Mile was my last King book. Something had changed. While as a kid and teenager I loved mystery thrillers and horror movies, from a certain point onwards I could no longer stand it. Which is a little weird, because I switched to criminal books (and TV series and movies) and biographic narrations including the most terrible personal experiences. I think I just feel like in criminology you have something to use to understand the terrible things which can happen while in horror books everything seems so random and pointless.
I really liked King, maybe I just give him another try. Any recommendations?